‘Spinach’ aka ‘Pala kura’ is Known to be a ‘Powerhouse of Nutrients’ among all green leafy veggies, spinach is one of the most beneficial and healthy vegetables.
Today, I invited one of my college friend to my house. I want to cook something different, yet satisfying and ofcourse needs to be a quick fix. I looked into my refrigerator and also took a peek into my freezer, I found frozen spinach then i immediatley thought of fixing this spinach soy fry. one of a several from my mom recipes. This dish can also be named as “Vegetarian Kheema fry” as it tastes so close to Kheema fry.
Frozen spinach is very healthy to use and a life saver to have it stocked in the freezer.
- 1 frozen chopped spinach thawed / defrosted
- ½ onion chopped
- Soya Granules soaked in hot water
- 1 tsp ginger- garlic paste
- 1 tsp garam masala powder (Adjust accodring to taste)
- salt and chilly powder to taste
- 3 tbsps Oil
- Heat oil in a wide heavy bottom pan.Add onion and when onion turns little brown, add ginger-garlic paste and sauté till new aroma fills the kitchen.
- Add thawed / fresh spinach and let it cook with the lid open. Mix once a while to prevent it from burning.
- When spinach is getting dry, add salt according to taste. Let it sauté for 2 more minutes.when spinach is nicely cooked, add soaked soya granules (squeeze out extra water) to spinach and mix well.
- Let all of them sauté together for a min. Add chilly powder and sauté till, both soya and spinach are nicely cooked.
- Add garam masala, and mix all of them together.
- Serve with steamed rice or chapathi.
- For additional flavor you can add Cinnamon and cloves after step 1 from above and let them fry for a min.
- You can also add cashews for taste.