Andhra House hold cusine is famous for their innumerable pachadis. Each house hold has their signature pachadi. The combination of spices that is used with each vegetable, gives a unique finger licking taste.
The sweetness of carrot and the spices compliments each other to get a refreshing unique falvor.
I love this pachadi with a little curd which makes it carrot perugu pachadi (carrot yogurt chutney) and my DH loves it by itself. So, I satisfied him with his version yet having my own (with little yogurt) at the same time.
This Carrot pachadi is simple, colorful, healthy and tasty with a pleasant blend of flavors and a great accompaniment with hot rice and ghee.
- 2 Carrots diced
- 6 green chilies slit length wise
- tamarind to taste
- 2 small garlic cloves
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp curd (Optional)
- Heat a skillet with oil and fry green chilies for a min. Separate them into a dish.
- Add diced carrots and sauté them for 3min, until they are half cooked.
- Soak tamarind in little hot water (you can microwave) for 50 sec.
- Let all the above ingredients cool to room temp before grinding.
- In a blender, take cumin, sautéed green chilies, garlic, soaked tamarind, salt and blend them thoroughly.
- Add sautéed carrot pieces and grind them coarsely.
- Take this into a bowl and add curd (optional)
- Heat oil in a small pan and add mustard seeds. When they crack, add cumin, garlic, curry leaves. (This step is optional)
- Mix this seasoning to the chutney (pachadi) and serve with hot rice and ghee.