Todays recipe is my family favorite that is loved at anytime of the day and a popular party appetizer that is loved by all. After the holiday season, I am back to my regular schedule. we have an Indo-Chinese delight today. What we have is Veggie Manchurian, where all the veggies complement each other to bring out the unique flavour with their friendly combinations. What a delight it is! Just perfect to serve as a starter or as a side dish along with noodles or fried rice or a simple steamed rice and see your family being bowled over by this sensational Indo-Chinese delight!
- 1 cup finely diced Cabbage
- 1 cup finely diced Carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped green beans
- 1 bell pepper diced (optional)
- 1 Chopped Spring Onion
- 2 Chopped Green Chilies
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 3-4 Crushed Garlic Flakes
- 2 tbsp Corn Starch
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 tbsp Soya Sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- Few curry leaves
- 3-4 Green chilies
- Mix all the veggies in a bowl and microwave for 3 min with the lid covered .
- In a bowl take all the boiled veggies (some squeeze the water out of the boiled veggies, I don’t prefer that way since we will loose all the nutrients, instead I add some cooked rice to the veggie mix so that the rice will absorb the moisture), mix 1 tbsp corn starch, soya sauce, salt and black pepper
- Make small balls (like koftas) of the mixture .
- Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry the balls till golden brown, drain and keep aside.
- In a separate pan heat 2 tbsp oil. Sauté onion, garlic, green chilies, curry leaves and spring onions.
- Add water, salt, pepper powder, sugar and soya sauce. Bring it to a boil.
- Mix 1 tbsp corn four with half of a cup of cold water and stir into it. Gently add the fried balls to the gravy.
- Cook the vegetable Manchurian for 3-4 minutes and serve hot garnished with chopped coriander.