Sweet Coconut balls called as ‘KOBBARI LOUSU / KOBBARI UNDALU’ is one of the several Andhra traditional home sweets. These laddoos are very soft and delicious. This sweet is very easy to put together with few ingredients and makes a very delicious dessert (which I should have after every meal).
I do this sweet during festive days as I have some left over fresh coconuts .
- 1 cup of fresh grated Coconut (Can be substituted with defrosted frozen grated coconut)
- 1 cup of grated Jaggery (You can always adjust the sweetness as per your taste)
- 1/2 tsp cardamom (Elachi) powder
- Add grated coconut and jaggery into a heavy bottom vessel on medium heat.
- In few minutes jaggery will start melting, let coconut cook well in the jaggery syrup. Stir continuously.
- Add cardamom powder and cook until the mixture comes close/thick (mixture will start to stick to the stirring spoon and leave the sides of the cooking dish)
- let the mixture cool to a temperature that your hand can tolerate.
- Grease your palms with ghee and roll the mixture into lemon sized balls.