There are hundreds of varieties of dosas and each has its own unique taste. Dosa in any form are my family favorite. Especially, this sour dosa (Pullattu) has a very prominent place on our table. This recipe came from generations. They are so light, crispy and just right that even kids help themselves with atleast one more serving. I made this today for my 3 ½ boy and when I am done feeding, he came to me opening his mouth not realizing that his portion is done, so I gave him another and he enjoyed it with a great pleasure. This is almost an instant dosa recipeand can be served as breakfast or snack.
- 1 Cup Rice Flour
- ½ cup Maida
- 1 Cup Sour curd
- 3 Green chilies finely chopped
- 1 carrot shredded
- ½ onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin / Jeera (optional)
- Salt according to taste
- Mix all the above ingredients to a pouring consistency and let it sit for atleast 30 min.
- Heat a flat griddle (Dosa Pan) and scoop one laddle of batter and spread outside in (regular dosas we scoop batter in the middle and spread it inside out, since the batter isin puring consistency, we should pour the batter from outside in). Put some oil on the edges and in the holes that are formed on top of dosa (this dosa may not be perfectly round)
- Let it cook till it becomes golden brown and crunchy at the edges.
- After 2 mins reverse to the other side and fry for for 30 sec. Make sure that the heat is on Med flame for these dosas.
- Serve hot with ginger chutney and they will be eaten in no time.