‘Sabudana’ aka ‘Sagubiyyam’ was one thing I use rarely since, the only recipe I know with this was ‘Payasam’ or ‘Kheer’ until Sandeepa (my friend) called me and said about this vada. It was really tasty to make and as always a quick fix, when planned in advance and soaked sabudana.
The crispy texture is always a favorite to every one.
Here is the recipe-
- 1 cup Sabudana (sago / Saggubiyyam)
- 3/4 cup All purpose flour (Maida)
- 1/2 cup Rice flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Sour curd (Optional)
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp green chili paste ( 7 green chilies finely chopped)
- Few curry leaves
- Pinch of baking soda
- Oil to fry
- Soak sabudana in a mixture of curd or water for 2-3 hours or till soft.
- In a Bowl, add soaked soft sabudana (sagubiyyam) and the rest of the ingredients, mix well.
- Make medium sized balls, flatten them and fry them in hot oil till crisp and well cooked. (Always fry vadas on a medium flame. Cooking vada’s on high flame, makes the outer layer dark but inner portion of the vada stays uncooked)
Serve hot with chutney/sauce.
This recipe has only 3 simple steps which tell you how easy it is to make these vada’s. I Hope you all enjoy them.