Egg dishes are hugely popular in my home. This is a simple and different recipe with beaten eggs steamed in pressure cooker and prepared with spices. Easy to do and a very tasty way of presenting eggs. A good treat for egg lovers.
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 green chilies slit length wise
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp pepper pwd
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp red chili pwd
- 1 tsp garam masala pwd
- ½ tsp each of mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal, channa dal
- 1 curry leaf stalk
- Take a bowl and beat the eggs well with ¼ cup of milk, turmeric powder, pepper powder and salt.
- Add 2 cup of water into pressure cooker and place pressure cooker on the cook top.
- Pour the beaten egg mixture into a greased pan or bowl and place the dish into pressure cooker. Cover with lid and cook for 15 mins with out whistle ( like we cook idli). Let all the pressure cools off, before opening the lid.
- Check the boiled egg by inserting a tooth pick , when tooth pick comes out clean, the beaten eggs r cooked well.
- Once the boiled egg mixture is cooled, cut them into cubes.
- Heat oil in a Kadai and add mustard seeds, when they crack, add cumin seeds, urad dal, channa dal and curry leaves, let them fry to golden brown.
- Add onion pieces, green chilies and sauté them until onions are translucent. Add ginger garlic paste and saute it till the entire raw flavor is gone.
- Add red chili powder, salt and stir them too in medium flame, once the spices get mixed well, stirring constantly add ½ cup milk and cook it for another 2 mins stirring. Close the lid and let the curry cook for a min or 2.
- Add the already cubed egg pieces to the gravy, stir them occasionally.
- Check the taste and add garam masala, Let it cook until the oil separates.
- Switch off the stove and top it with cilantro leaves and serve it with Plain rice or fried rice or jeera rice or Mint rice or spinach rice.