Kheema fry is a sure favorite for every non-veg lover and my mom makes the best kheema fry with cashews coming into every bite and the fresh ground garam masala armoa invites us to dig in more.
Kheema is very healthy for kids, for adults watch out the quantity (I know it is hard with the irresistbale taste) as it is not figure friendly.
Kheema curry is a popular dish in restaurants menu, but I hardly find this kheema fry in restaurants.
- 1lb of ground meat (kheema), washed and drained
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 11/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 5 green chilies slit length wise
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Fresh ground garam masala powder (dry roast- 3 cloves, 1″ cinnamon stick, 1 tbsp coriander seeds, let them cool and make a fine powder)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- salt to taste
- tbsps oil
- Few curry leaves
- 10 cashew nuts
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, Add kheema (ground meat), chili powder, turmeric powder, 1 tsp salt, ½ tbsp ginger garlic paste and let it cook with the lid closed for 3 min’s (to release water). Close the lid and let it whistle for 2 times.
- Let all the pressure cool off by itself.
- In a heavy bottom pan, add cumin, curry leaves, cashew nut pieces and sauté till cashew turns light brown. AddA green chilies, and chopped onions. Sauté until the onions turns slight brown.Add 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste and sauté for another 2 min’s. Add cooked kheema (ground meat), and cook it without lid for 3 min’s. Stirring in between.
- Add salt, chili powder to taste and sauté it without lid till the curry leaves oil.
- Add the fresh ground masala powder, combine well and Turn off heat.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with steamed rice and rasam or roti.