For the past few weeks, unknowingly, I’ve been cooking different kind of egg recipes. This is one of the many versatile egg recipes, that taste awesome just by it self, No need of any curries. My DH loves to have this at least once a week.
- 2cups cooked Basmati rice cooled and separated
- 2 boiled Eggs
- 2 raw eggs to scramble in the recipe
- 1 medium Onion chopped length wise
- 1 vine ripe tomato or 2 roma tomatoes chopped length wise
- 1 Tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 6 Green chilies slit length wise or adjust to taste
- 4 Cloves
- 1 tsp of fresh ground Black pepper
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp Garam Masala Powder
- 4 of ½ inch Cinnamon sticks
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Fist full of mint leaves
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a wide pan. Add cinnamon sticks, cloves and bay leaves. Fry for a minute.
- Add sliced onion, green chilies and sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes and sauté them until they are slightly soft.
- Crack the eggs and beat the eggs with little salt. Pour the beaten eggs to the pan and scramble them until they are fully cooked.
- Add coriander and mint leaves to the scrambled egg, add salt and sauté it for another min.
- Cut boiled eggs into cubes or strips (however you like) and add it to the scrambled eggs, sauté them until boiled eggs are nicely coated with all the flavors.
- Add cooked basmati rice to the above egg mixture and mix the rice thoroughly with all the sautéed egg mixture.
- Add 1 tbsp of garam masala and sauté it for another 3 min, mixing gently without breaking the eggs too much.
- Check the seasoning and serve it with some veggie salad like cucumber, carrots and onions.