Simple recipes are something I so look forward during week days as they are a jiffy to make and stands top in the lunch box menu list. Feels light and energetic at work. we can have this as breakfast,Brunch,lazy/quick/light Meal.
- 1 cup Semiya (Bambino/ vermicelli)
- 1 big Lemon
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsps ground nuts
- 5 cashew nuts
- 2 tbsps bengal gram
- 1 tbsp urad dal
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 2 dry red chilies
- 4 green chilies
- 1 stalk of curry leaves
- pinch of asafoetida
- 2 tbsp oil
- Squeeze lemon juice into a small bowl and add 1 tsp of salt to avoid any bitter taste from lemon.
- Take 4 cups of water in a bowl and boil it. When the water starts boiling add 1/4tsp salt and 1/2 tsp oil. After a min, add Bambino/ Semiya /Vermicelli.
- When semiya gets boiled ( 3- 5mins) switch off and strain it. After straining pour plenty of cool water on it to avoid further cooking. Also add ¼ tsp of oil and toss it to prevent any sticking.
- Heat a non stick skillet when the oil is hot enough, add mustard seeds, when they crack, add jeera, urad dal (Mina pappu), Bengal gram (senaga pappu), ground nuts, cashews, dry red chilly, and asafetida. Fy them till the lentils turn little brown.
- Add Curry leaves and turmeric. Fry them for few seconds.
- Add the strained semiya (vermicelli) to the tadka and immediately add squeezed lemon juice, salt (if needed) and mix well.
- Serve hot or at warm.